Monday, January 5, 2009

Proposition 8. What's Up With This Gay Stuff?

Before I begin, let me direct you to some research done by our friends at focus on the family. http://www.frc.org/get.cfm?i=IS04C02

If you don't feel like reading it. It basically presents a few hypotheses and expounds on them. For example, if homosexuality is normal (i.e., you are born that way) and they desire the same marriage rights as the rest of us then we should see the following behaviors in the homosexual community that are similar, if not identical, to the heterosexual community:

1. For those states where homosexual marriage is allowed, we should see a similar percentage take advantage of marriage.

2. We should also see a similar percentage of couples desiring lifelong monogamy and exclusivity.

What you'll find fascinating in the article is that neither 1 nor 2 are confirmed in the research. Let me simplify further...if the gay community is fighting so hard (some literally fighting) to get marriage rights, why aren't they taking advantage of it? And for the few that do, why'd they even bother getting married if they end up having an open marriage and sexing up other people in five years time or less?

Here's a brief quote from the article:

"In The Male Couple, authors David P. McWhirter and Andrew M. Mattison reported that, in a study of 156 males in homosexual relationships lasting from one to thirty-seven years:
Only seven couples have a totally exclusive sexual relationship, and these men all have been together for less than five years. Stated another way, all couples with a relationship lasting more than five years have incorporated some provision for outside sexual activity in their relationships."

Let me be blunt about what I've found regarding homosexual behavior then tell you why I believe the issue has been in the forefront of the fight against Christians for so long. Look at that quote again. It's not surprising that monogamy is nearly impossible for them. *(By the way, if the research you've done regarding this matter consists of watching Ellen or reading Perez Hilton, than I suggest you do more before you come yelling at me). Let me hold back prophesying for another couple paragraphs and say that if homosexual behavior is the result of a traumatic sexual experience during the individual's youth in which that person's sexuality or sexual identity was robbed, then it can be understood why they are unable to remain monogamous. See, a gay man goes to find other men to fill that void and to (in essence) take back the manhood that was taken from him as a child. And of course he will never be able to do so and in the meantime he finds that the partner he is currently with doesn't do the job either. So it's back to searching. Some have sex with hundreds of different men in their search for their lost sexuality, some over a thousand. So in regards to prop 8 the question still stands as to why they are fighting for this. Why is this so important? The reason is simple. They want to be "recognized" as normal. That they are born gay. Even though the people of California have spoken, they seek this "vindication." It's obvious that's where we differ. To them it's natural and they want everyone to agree on that. But we don't and that's what this fight is really about.

Or have we only scratched the surface?

As one of the Bible totin' Christians out there, I've always wondered why it was ever such a huge issue in the evangelical world. I mean, "Thou shall not be gay" didn't even make the ten commandments but they sure made it seem that way. Honestly, during my formative years as a Christian, the issues seemed to be "save marriage" and "save Christmas." I felt like there were more important issues so eventually I jumped off of this evangelical bandwagon. Now, however, the issue has come back to the forefront for me.

The word intolerant gets flung around often when dealing with this subject. Indeed it's become the greatest sin in the world for nonbelievers. The difficulty is that logical and honest debate is no longer the norm in our society. If it were, I would contend that my actions are far more tolerant than those who claim that I am intolerant. For example, if you happen to believe that homosexuals are born gay, you have most likely either stopped reading this blog entry or you are boiling with hatred towards me and my "hate speech." If you saw me on the street you would not be inclined to come and shake my hand and say "hey, I read your blogs. I disagree with them wholeheartedly but hey, we're all homies right?" No...you probably don't like me much. You're definitely intolerant of people like me and you don't think I should exist. Do you see the irony here? Who is really full of hate? Who is really intolerant? I don't hate any gay person out there. I don't think for a second that you have no right to exist, no matter how many partners you've had or how many little old Christian women you've harrassed at your rallies. I still have love for you. I'd still have dinner with you, hug you, shake your hand, laugh with you. Would you do the same with me?

Here's my main point (finally)!! I'm not against gay marriage because it would pervert the sanctity of marriage. I think marriage has already been perverted with the teachings of the church, but that's another blog. I'm against gay marriage because the real agenda at work is to further normalize the behavior. By doing so, anyone who stands against it is guilty of hate speech. They want everyone in the world to admit that homosexuality is normal and gay people aren't messed up. Whoever disagrees needs to be shut down along with the religion they take part in (unless you're Muslim then you're fine because we don't want to make them victims of hate speech and speak against them, oh no... http://www.aclj.org/news/Read.aspx?ID=3028)

THIS WILL BE THE MANNER IN WHICH CHRISTIANS WILL BE DRIVEN UNDERGROUND. So get ready for jail time, get ready for blacklists everywhere. Pastors looking for a new building to house your growing congregations...better start focusing on discipleship and raising up leaders for smaller house gatherings instead, because your building will be shut down if you call homosexuality a sin. This is not going to be years and years from now. It's happening sooner than you think.

No comments: